Brands such as Argos, Nissan, Tetley and JML have all discovered that using the Port of Tyne is good for business.
For customers wanting a well-equipped, well-connected, ideally located port instead of battling through the congested South-East and adding thousands of unnecessary road miles to the mix, then they need look no further than the Port of Tyne's integrated logistics operation.
The Port of Tyne has been operating its own integrated solution - containers, warehousing and distribution - with skilled and experienced operators long before the word portcentric was coined. No matter where a business is located, helping them manage their supply chain needs is at the forefront of the Port's successful "one stop shop" logistics operation. Ideally placed on the North East, shipping through this multimodal facility offers distinct advantages. Using the Port of Tyne provides complete flexibility and reliability as well as generating cost savings and reducing the environmental impact if you are bringing goods in and out of the country.
- Regular services operate from the terminal including scheduled feeder services operated by Unifeeder, BG Freight Line and Seago Line connecting the Port of Tyne in South Shields to Felixstowe, Grangemouth, Rotterdam, Copenhagen, Helsingborg, Bremerhaven and St Petersburg.
- A high security container deepwater Customs-approved container terminal is located 5km from the open sea
- Serviced by 2 Container Gantry Cranes (35 tonnes-spreader, 40 tonnes-hook, 40 tonnes-spreader), 5 Harbour Mobiles & 2 Portal Cranes (all 100t at 17m radius), 2 crawler cranes and a comprehensive range of mechanical handling equipment including counter balance, reach and narrow aisle fork lift trucks
- 500,000 sq ft of high security, high value, high tech, fully racked narrow aisle customs-approved warehousing capable of storing 53,000 racked pallet spaces and providing devanning, repacking, stock-control services via a computer controlled dispatch and handling system enabling full tracking and traceability of palletised stock using truck mounted radio data terminals
- Fully secure trailer parking, full internal and external CCTV and shared office accommodation for distribution and warehouse staff ensures a seamless operation
- Satellite tracking and successfully performing to 99% on time delivery
- Members of Pall-Ex nation-wide network, providing customers with an efficient, cost-effective, next-day national delivery