As a Port apprentice you will gain valuable on the job training, development and rewards, all within a challenging, supportive and safe environment.
Apprentices can expect to learn the ropes while working towards recognised vocational qualifications. Additionally, you will be able to take advantage of all the employee benefits.
- Business Administration: Providing administrative support to different areas
- IT: Providing helpdesk support for a wide range of IT applications
- Security: Learning what it takes to keep our 620 acre estate safe and secure
- Warehousing: Providing services for major brands including Tetley, JML and Barbour
- Port Operatives: Supporting the movement of cargo from around the world
- Accountancy: Gaining valuable skills and hands on experience whilst being part of a vibrant and supportive finance team
- Engineering: From civil and surveying to maintenance apprenticeships, helping the Port to develop its infrastructure and to keep our plant and equipment running
We normally advertise our apprentice vacancies in June each year to start in September/October – all apprentice opportunities are advertised on our current vacancies. The recruitment process is challenging and you will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English to apply. A small number of applicants who are successful in the first stages of the recruitment process are selected to attend a five day recruitment boot camp. During this bootcamp candidates learn about interview techniques, CV writing and employability skills. The bootcamp also includes a tour of the Port as well as an opportunity to meet the managers you will be working with. All candidates who complete the bootcamp are guaranteed an interview with the Port and those candidates that are unsuccessful are supported to find alternative employment.
For further information on apprenticeships please contact our Human Resources team on Tel: 0191 455 2671 or Email: vacancies