The Port of Tyne oversees licensing for dredging, river works and small boats.


Any form of dredging requires a licence from the Marine Management Organisation (MMO) and consent from the Port of Tyne before work starts. 

Further information is available here.

River Works

All work planned on the river requires a River Works Licence. This is so that all developments are assessed for their potential impact on safety of navigation and the environment. 

Contact  for more information and an application form. 

Small boats

All small boats and craft permanently moored in the river must be licensed.  Licences and ownership details are updated annually and the licence must be clearly displayed on board the vessel.  

Small Boats Licence Application Form

Download Click to download

Contact Us

Speak to our team, call +44 (0)191 455 2671 or send us a message.